Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Intensive Moist Review (after almost 2 months of use)

10:52 PM Unknown 3 Comments

Looking back, I'm not really sure what made me look into this product in particular, but I'm pretty sure I heard about it on Youtube as a dupe for SK-II's famous essence. I can't say I have bad skin, but my skin wasn't at its best during the time I decided to purchase this. Fortunately, Althea had a discount on it and I think free shipping too.



Let me walk you through what happened to my skin. I decided to monitor the development using my iPhone 6s front camera, no filters. I might have not been able to keep track if I used my DSLR.



The skincare I used alongside this wasn't anything new; that's so I could really see if the product can really make a difference. I should've probably written about my skincare routine first in an earlier post, but I just couldn't wait to get my thoughts on this down. I use this in the morning and the evening, after washing my face, before applying moisturizer. Instead though of using a cotton round or cotton pad, I apply a few drops on the palms of my hand and pat it directly on my skin. It was pretty hard to get used to since the consistency is just a tad bit heavier than water, but after a while, I got used to it.

Day 1 & 2: Yes, this is my face in the morning (as soon as I woke up), without anything on. I used the product the night before and didn't see much of a difference the morning after. Some reviews say that they saw immediate effects, though. As you'll see, I'll be taking photos from this angle to keep it consistent. This is also the worse side of the two. As you can see I have a few stubborn blemishes and sun spots.

It's not so apparent on Day 2, but I did see that the redness lessened. It's weird though since I started feeling a pimple growing on my chin, but it might just be because of my upcoming period.



Day 4: I'm still unsure about the state of my blemishes but I can say that the texture of my skin improved. Too bad it's not apparent on the photo (this was when I started to regret using my iPhone). Some of the tiny bumps diminished and I think the pimple growing on my chin developed faster (and didn't develop into a big annoying zit). Usually, hormonal pimples tend to linger even after my period, so I was happy that it left the vicinity earlier than expected. So far, I'm feeling positive!



Day 12: At this point, I'm surprised I'm still keeping up with my routine. Of course, there were days I was too lazy to do the whole thing, but most days I was able to do the whole thing. The lighting might have been better this day and in day 14 because I went home (Baguio), but I really did start to feel a difference in my skin, texture-wise.



Day 16: So far, the most improvement I've seen is in this two-week mark. I felt like my pores weren't as visible, makeup applied better, and my skin was smoother. I was starting to doubt its effectiveness on blemishes. You can still see those stubborn guys there on the cheek.

Day 24: I thought those blemishes were going to gradually fade, but they seem to have resurfaced. They're not worse though, but they're still there.


Day 45: More than 1 month of use! I can't believe it. At this point, I found that those blemishes on the cheeks would easily and totally be concealed with makeup on, which is good, but I was aiming for skin I could get away with without the help of makeup. Of course, I do go out barefaced at times, but I do like a clean, polished look most days. I guess that's why they have other products in the line aimed for spots.

Day 56: Now I have to explain something here. I went away for a week, without my usual skincare and the Missha Time Revolution Essence. I wasn't confident with how sealed the bottle is and I didn't want it to spill in my luggage, so I opted to take a break off the essence and see if I'd notice any difference. The thing is, I had a facial when I was away. I'm not sure if that accounts for something, but as you can see, my pores near the cheek area are quite visible in the photo.

I'm sure you'd like a side-by-side photo of Day 1 and 56, but I decided to do Day 1 and Day 45 comparison to be fair.



VERDICT
I'm happy with it and I'm actually still using the product and I think that there is still hope for it to fade some of those blemishes. I think it does well in maintaining the texture of my skin. As long as it's offered as a discounted price (it still is), I'd be okay repurchasing this. I still have a lot to go through. I think the bottle would last me at least five more months by the rate I'm going. I think I'm also ready to try something new, not to replace this, but to help improve on the other parts it couldn't resolve. I already have my eye on The Ordinary skincare, but I have yet to figure out where to purchase. The resellers here have quite the markup!

As for other minor concerns, the frosted glass bottle feels quite luxe but if I've had lotion or cream on my hands and I hold this, you suddenly see your fingerprints on it and it's not easy to wipe away.



Have you tried this product before? How was it for you?

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. NDIS lawn maintenance

    ReplyDelete