The Lip Series: Lip Crayons Part 2

10:01 PM Unknown 0 Comments

We're almost done with March!  A few things happened so I've been quite busy, but here I am with part two of my Lip Crayon post for my Lip Series.


I just have a few left and these might even be hard to get a hold of because they're, again, from my aunt in the States.  If you're wondering how my lips are naturally, take a look here.

1. Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie in Style Icon, 2.  Neutrogena MoistureSmooth color stick in 70 Plum Perfect, 3.  Neutrogena MoistureSmooth color stick in 40 Bright Berry, 4.  Laura Ashley lip crayon (Barbie Pink), 5.  Laura Ashley lip crayon (Red), 6.  Laura Ashley lip crayon (Mauve), 7.  Laura Ashley lip crayon (Violet)
Swatches after the jump.


Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie StyLIZed Collection in Style Icon.  This.  What a story I have with this.  Basically, I entered Beauty Bar to try this on me and see if it suited me (even if I knew it would, #yabang, LOL).  But, in the most spacious Beauty Bar I've been in (Central Square, BGC), I did some stop overs in the counters of NARS (because they had a temporary counter there while their space was being constructed) and The Balm.  The sales lady told me that I'd get a makeup bag with a free mini blush if I get a lip gloss.  I've been eyeing some glosses after I realized that I'm missing one of my favorite glosses, the Revlon Pink Pop, so I happily tried on two shades.  That night, Koh Gen Do had an event with Xeng Zulueta as the makeup artist, so I was served a drink and some cocktail food.

I was relatively the only customer around when two other girls walked in.  By this time, I've tried the two shades of lip gloss and two bronzers.  I finally tried the Style Icon after.  These two girls were so sweet and told me that it suited me.  Poor sales lady, but I really was decided anyway to get Style Icon if they had it since I wanted a nude-ish shade.

Style Icon is no different in pigmentation, consistency, and staying power as the other Shut Up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippies.  Its funny though because the shade looks pink on me sometimes (think Nyx Tea Rose) and nude-pink other times.  Nonetheless, its been a favorite recently.  Its a bit lighter than The Morning After.


Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in 40 Bright Berry and 70 Plum Perfect.  Okay.  Let's start with the Plum Perfect one.  On the photo it looks pretty natural, but in person it looks darker and more brown.  And you should know that it has some glitter which makes it quite frosty and 90's looking, so its not really a favorite of mine.  It does smell quite fruity which is the only one (along with the other Neutrogena one) that does out of the bunch of lip crayons I have.



The Berry Bright shade is a much better shade for me, I think.  Its quite comparable to the Pixi one that I talked about here, but with sparkles / glitter / frost and a favorite of mine from Revlon, the Berry Smoothie lip butter.  Somehow, there are times when I do not like this shade, but there are times like this time (recent FOTD) that I did like the shade.  I think I'll still pick the Pixi one over this one any day.  And I'll pick the Revlon lip butter over the Pixi one.  Lol.  I might just repurchase that one when I finish some of my lipsticks.  That'll be another post.


Laura Ashley Lip Crayons

The consistency of these are quite good and definitely matte.  The pigmentation is good for some colors and not so good with others.  There's no smell to it which is always good.  The packaging is quite different because its the thinnest lip crayons I have.  Its definitely easier to apply, but it does not include the shade number or indication of the specific color anywhere so I just assumed those were the shade names.  The ultimate disadvantage is that its hard to locate.  I'm not sure if its easy to find in the States, but online I couldn't find any review or link to it.

The Barbie Pink One.  Ummm... As you could see, this shade does not suit me.  It's very Nikki Minaj or Lady Gaga.  Lol.  I'll probably mix this with something just to be able to use it.



Red.  Now this I quite like.  The shade is a wearable, cherry red that comes of sheer so you can build it up to the intensity that you like.



Mauve.  This is probably my favorite of the Laura Ashley lip crayons.  The first time I used this, I instantly remembered Revlon's Pink Pout and how I wished it would turn out like this.  Basically, it's pretty cool toned and a subdued pink.  Matched with a good peach-y, pink gloss, it would give a really nice nude pink-ish color.  Am I confusing you?  Well, I'll probably post more examples in the future.



Violet.  Now this, I feel, is a very itsjudytime color.  It's really pretty for nights out.  I feel like it's a more mature kind of shade.  This has the best pigmentation among the Laura Ashley lip crayons.


I actually have another Laura Ashley lip crayon that got left behind in Baguio, but its actually a beige, almost-concealer type of color.  So, I guess I'll just use that when do "gradient" lip colors.

a. Laura Ashley lip crayon (Mauve), b. Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie in Style Icon, c. Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Plum Perfect
a.  Laura Ashley lip color (Red), b. Neutrogena MoistureSmooth color stick in Berry Bright, c. Laura Ashley lip crayon (Barbie Pink), d. Laura Ashley lip crayon (Violet)

So, there you have it.  I definitely want to try out more lip crayons, especially those from Revlon.  It's ironic how they're one of the best ones out but I haven't tried any.  I think it would be a waste to not use those that have been gifted to you, that is why I haven't really tried those.

I'm excited for the lip series.  It's not going to end here.  So stay tuned.

I hope this helped with your makeup shopping. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: