Make-up Shopping with Sister (Php 1,500 budget!)

10:08 PM Unknown 1 Comments

My sister, who I fondly call Sonya-shin, asked me a few weeks ago to help her build her make-up kit.  Well, this is a career I would want to pursue.  Lol.  Florence Sison, Professional Shopper.  Not bad!  Hihihi.  You think I'm kidding, but I'm serious. :)

So here's how it went.  We bought her "basics" the last SM Aura sale, same time I bought some of my August buys.  She had liquid foundation already and a lipstick.  So, I opted for her to get powder foundation, a blush, concealer, and a brow product.  I didn't think it was going to be that hard until we were already looking around.


The difficulty wasn't even with the budget, it was with the many options you had to choose from.  Obviously, I wanted the budget to lean more towards the powder cause that's something she'd use everyday.  That's what we went for first.



Sonya didn't have anything from Revlon other than eyeshadows and some lip products from our aunts from the States.  But I think they do good powders.  The only one I've tried was the Photoready one.  I wanted her to try the Nearly Naked line that they had, cause it wasn't bad when they tested it on her and it fit the budget.  Unfortunately, they didn't have her shade on stock.  The kind saleslady offered another option, the Absolute Radiance one, which I've never heard off.  The saleslady also matters when looking around (must not be too pushy).  I guess Revlon just doesn't push for it as much as their other powders.  The thing that made this a little less pricey than Revlon's usual powders is that it was a refill version.  So, Sonya had to do make do without a mirror.

The Absolute Radiance Two-Way Powder Foundation (Php 695) in Medium Beige (180), I think, is marketed to go with the CC cream Revlon came out with.  I can't seem to find it on their website though.  It might just be available in Asia.



Next up, blush.  This is where the pressure of the budget started.  I wanted her to go for a mauvey / old rose shade that would go better with her complexion.  Other brands offered blushes in the 400 and up price range, so I opted for her to go with an E.L.F. Studio Blush (Php 249.75) in Mellow Mauve.  Something to remember: E.L.F. products don't have the shade numbers/names on the products itself.  So maybe you could take a note before throwing the box.


Concealer was not too hard to decide on.  I was sure that with almost Php1,000 on Sonya's bill, we didn't want to get anything higher than Php 400.  Good thing the ZA Perfect Fit Concealer in 03 was only Php 345 and had a 20% discount!  By the way, since we were buying these during the SM Aura sale, we had 10% of on everything.  So, the concealer was basically Php 276.  I have yet to try more products from ZA.  Its a brand under Shiseido. 



Last but not the least, a brow product!  I posted a short review on the Etude House Easy Eyebrow Pencil (Php 128) here.


Wanna see how it turned out on my sister? :)


Looking back, I know we could have squeezed in one more product or maybe trimmed the budget down to Php 1,000.  But I know my sister's happy with her purchases.  I hope this post helped you or gave you a good read!

Next post would be tips on what to do if you're a make-up newbie. :)

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. really very nice article i m very happy to being here and read your post

    Dermacol Shop

    ReplyDelete