The Lip Series: Lip Crayons Part 1

11:05 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Hello there!  Again, long time no post.  Sorry for that, but hey, I'm back with a long-ass, photo-filled  post for all of you.  Because I have this "resolution" to finish up my existing makeup before buying new ones, I just "shopped" from my existing collection to be reminded of what I have and what I haven't been using.  Turns out, I have a  lot of lip crayons already!  So, like my Brow Series, this is going to be My Lip Series.  I hope you're as excited as I am.


This is going to be part 1 of 2 for Lip Crayons.  I believe the lip crayon trend started with Clinique's chubby sticks and then other companies like Revlon followed suit.  If you look at it, there's nothing really revolutionary about these lip crayons, but they're really much easier to use compared to a regular lipstick, especially those that are really balm-like.

L-R:  Happy Skin Shut Up And Kiss Me (SUAKM) in 1.  Summer Crush, 2.  Sunset Kiss, 3.  The Morning After, 4.  Victoria's Secret Beauty Crush Glossy Lip Tint (the beige one) and the 5.  (violet one) , Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm in 6.  16 Voluptuous Violet, 7.  04 Mega Melon, and 8.  Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Radiant Rose
Before we start, let me show you my natural lip color sans any lip product. 



You might have seen my post about these Happy Skin lippies already.  Basically, the three shades have identical consistency (like that of a lipstick but not drying), staying power (great unless touched), and pigment (high pigmentation).  In the swatches above, I only had to swatch it lightly for the color to come out.  But here they are again in photos.



1.  Summer Crush.  This is a bright pink that may not suit some skin tones, but if you're quite fair then this would be nice.  Personally, I haven't used this often enough.


2.  Sunset Kiss.  This is a red orange.  I use it lightly when I just want a bit of orange color on my lips, but if you apply layers of it, it may look red in some lights.


3.  The Morning After.  Of all the Happy Skin lippies I have, which are only three anyway, this is my favorite.  I use it the most probably because it suits a lot of looks.  Its actually in my 2014 favorites post.  When Kylie Jenner's lips became a thing, this is probably the closest shade I have in my collection that could compare to what she has on.  Its so easy to pair with various eye looks.  Although I just said I wouldn't buy new products just yet, I am definitely considering Happy Skin's Style Icon, which is part of three lippies they collaborated with Liz Uy.  



4.  Victoria Secret's Beauty Rush Glossy Lip Tint (the beige one).  Sorry, I don't know the shade of this.  I can't even find it in the website.  I think they repackaged it.  This and the next lippie by Victoria  Secret are actually from an aunt from the States.  I'm just not sure if they have this in the VS in SM Megamall.  I remember getting excited about these because I did not succumb to the lip crayon frenzy when it started, but getting this as a gift made me want to look for more.  The tube is quite misleading in color with this one.  Its obviously leaning more to the brown side than the pink nude side.  It also emphasizes the outline of my lips.  So, often, I just mix this with other shades.  Consistency is not that bad, but staying power is not so great.  I expected this to have some sort of smell because its from Victoria's Secret, but it doesn't have any.  It has shimmer though.



5.  Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Glossy Lip Tint (the purple one).  Contrary to the prior one, this one's a shade that's easy to use since its like a berry color.  Its not so dark on the lips.  The thing with this and the prior lippie, the caps come of easily!  I can't just shove it in my bag cause it might open anytime.



6.  Clinique Chubby Stick in 16 Voluptuous Violet.  As you may see, the shade is quite underwhelming.  The tube looks really scary but exciting, but when applied it just adds a tint to your lips.  On the paper swatch, I had to make several layers for the color to come out.  I know some balms that are actually more pigmented than this.  Consistency is great though, more balm-y than the Happy Skin lippies.


7.  Clinique Chubby Stick in 04 Mega Melon.  This one is much better in pigmentation than the earlier shade.  As the name and the tube suggests, its a peachy coral shade that would probably be better for those with lighter lip shades.  Like the VS lippies, these Clinique ones are also from my aunts from the States.  They're part of those "best-sellers" pouch Clinique usually has.  I usually have two of each because I share these with my sister.



8.  Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Radiant Rose.  Out of the non-Happy Skin lippies in this first part of my lip crayons post, this is easily my favorite.  First, because rose-y shades are my fave and two, it has this menthol smell and feel on the lips, but not overwhelming like a mint balm.  I like the easiness of this and I think that's because of how pigmented it is but at the same time still balm-y.  This was actually already mentioned in this blog in this post.


So, what do you guys think?  I can't do this post without doing some back-of-the-hand swatches. So, here they are... in color group. :)

L-R: Victoria Secret Beauty Crush Glossy Lip Tint (the violet one), Clinique Chubby Stick in Voluptuous Violet, Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Lipsticks in Summer Crush and Sunset Kiss 
L-R: Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon, Victoria's Secret Beauty Crush Glossy Lip Tint (the beige one), Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Lipstick in The Morning After, and Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Radiant Rose
So, there you have it!  First part of my lip crayon collection, done!  So many products to finish up!  

I hope this helped if ever you're searching for a right shade for you. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: