Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette (with Swatches)

8:00 AM Unknown 1 Comments

My birthday was last month, November.  I don't think I could let my birthday pass by without me treating myself to something nice.  This year that something nice was the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette ($ 58).  My friend was kind enough to get it for me when she was in the States.






The gorgeous palette claims to "create seamless, soft-focus and multidimensional color."

First, let me tell you about how big the product is.  If you're like me, you don't really pay attention to how many grams there is.  The palette is slightly bigger than my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, which is a pretty standard smart phone size, comparable to the iPhone 6 (in size...).  The blushes themselves  though are not flat.  They're domed, which is great, because you're gonna hit pan longer than a flat design would.



I've been seeing this product in the several YouTube channels I follow.  Two of the blushes in the palette are Hourglass' best selling shades and I was stoked to see them together in a palette with a limited edition shade.  And the packaging!  Its probably the prettiest thing I have in my humble collection.  Look at that veining!  It's so pretty, sigh...



So, the three shades are:

LUMINOUS FLUSH
          A champagne rose blush fused with Luminous Light to evoke a candlelit glimmer day or night.

INCANDESCENT ELECTRA
          A cool peach blush blended with Incandescent Light for a celestial glow.

MOOD EXPOSURE
          A soft plum blush fused with Mood Light to brighten the complexion.


So, here are the swatches for you.  I don't think I did justice to them in the swatch and maybe on the photos of me with them, but in person, they're really pretty on the cheeks.  They really deliver with that soft-focus, multidimensional claim.  They're all pigmented, so you just need to press the brush onto it slightly and you've got enough product already, especially for Luminous Flush.

Luminous Flush is probably my favorite cause I'm a sucker for pink or rose, "I'm-looking-young", flushed-cheeks shades.  I really think its the special veining that does the trick for these blushes.  The description they have on the box is spot on.

Incandescent Electra is indeed a cool peach.  It looks really light on the back of my hand and more of like a highlighter, which might be good for some skin tones.  But, I find it to be the most natural looking out of the three as you will see in the photo below.  Some might think it to be coral since its so bright on the pan, but its not.

Mood Exposure is a deeper shade but not necessarily dark.  Did I confuse you?  It's more plum-y and mauve-y.  Hahaha.  It's a little intimidating at first, but when you put it on (lightly) it also looks natural and is actually a refreshing change to the bright blushes I usually go for.  You can build it up though.

  
Yes, yes.  The photos don't really show the difference in the shades that much, which is, as I've read, one of the dilemmas of others of this product.  They say that all the shades all just seem the same.  Well, in person, I don't think so, especially for Luminous Flush.  And, yes!  I know my brows are a little bit stronger than I was going for.  I'm trying to finish a brow powder that's a little bit darker than my liking.

Going back to the shades... I really tried to get better photos to show the difference, but I figured, let's just stick to what it's actually like on photos.  And of course!  The most obvious thing!  The packaging is just great.  It actually feels sturdy and the mirror is really great.  One thing though is that its prone to scratches, so I still keep it in its box.

So, there we have it!  Let me know if you were happy with this product too and if this post was useful to you! :)

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Your design of the blog is really eye-catching. More over the content is also very productive. The shade looks AMAZING!!
    Luminous Blush Palette

    ReplyDelete