Face Of The Day (FOTD) 1: The Usual

4:53 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Everyone on the internet probably knows the acronym OOTD (Outfit Of The Day).  Well, among beauty people on the internet, there exists such thing as the FOTD - Face Of The Day.  And I decided to give it a go.  Though, due to some events this was my FOTD... yesterday.  Lol.

I decided to post a look that I usually go for on a daily basis, which is minimal and barely there (I guess, compared to my other looks).  The main face base product I'd use is a powder foundation because it takes me a whole 5 minutes or more just to put liquid foundation on.  I'd skip bronzer, any contouring product, and even highlighter and go for blush right away.  The most time is taken up when I start doing my brows, even though I have sufficient brows already.  I love eye shadow, liner and all that jazz, but when I'm in a hurry to get out of the door, I usually skip it and go straight to mascara.  To top it all off, I'll go for a suits-everything lip, which I have quite a few options of.



So, the first thing I used from the stash was the Happy Skin Eye Need A Miracle Concealer, which I talked about here.  I also always apply a lip balm before anything.  I have a bunch that I apply alternately.  Right after, I used the MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NC25.  This is a shade lighter than my complexion, but as my skin's acidic, this is just right.  After an hour or so, it matches my shade fine.  I applied this with The Body Shop Face Brush.  

After the base is done, I go ahead and do my eyebrows.  I used two products, my dirty Elf Brow Kit and the MAC Brow Set in Beguile.  My brows are quite thick already, but I use the powder in the brow kit to fill sparse areas.  I used the Marionnaud Eyeliner / Brow Brush that has a spooly on the other end.  The other half of the kit is the gel part.  Sorry, but I don't know the exact shade of this.  Surprisingly, the powder is darker than it seems when swatched.  Its hard to explain, but I might just do another post on that soon.  The brow set I use to color the brow hairs as my hair is a bit lighter than my brows.

Sometimes, I go ahead with blush after base.  My blush of choice yesterday was the NYX Cream Blush in 01 Rose Petal.  I used my fake (Yes, I bought a fake one.  I believe I bought it from Marj Sia during the first Blogger's United Bazaar.) MAC kabuki brush lightly.  Honestly, I just poke this brush on the blush and I'm satisfied with how much blush I have on.  If I use my fingers, I feel like I move my foundation most of the product just goes on my fingers.  Unfortunately, the packaging isn't too great, which explains the moving plastic cover.  

Next, I curled my lashes with my Shu Uemura Lash Curler and applied a thin coat of mascara just to define the lashes.  When it comes to mascara, I only alternate between two at the moment - the Maybelline The Rocket Mascara (the one in the blue tube with pink accents) and the Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara (the one in the orange tube).

Finally, lipstick.  I've been trying to use some old lipsticks that I haven't been using in a while because of new ones I've acquired.  So yesterday it was Avon's Magnificent Mauve.   

I know some of the makeup and the tools look beat up.  Well, at least you know I really use them. :)


And here's how my face turned out.  There goes the double eye bags again. :(  What to do? Someone help me.  And yes, that's a selfie.  Lol.  As I mentioned, I was rushing, so instead of mounting my DSLR on the tripod and fixing all the settings, I opted for my Canon S110.  And no, I'm not a doctor or a nurse.  Lol.  I just happened to wear a white blazer.


Again, I hope this post helped with your beauty decisions. :) Until next post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: