FOTD 2: Day-time "Smokey"

10:30 AM Unknown 0 Comments


If you have eyes like mine, you probably won't have a problem doing a smokey eye during the day.  Tendency is it won't matter how smokey or how thick and black your eye shadow is.  Your eyelids would just engulf your whole lid and put all your eye shadow work to waste.  People would probably only know how much you've put on your eyes when they're closed or when you're looking down.  So, one day, I decided to go for a "smokey" eye look just to change things up.



For this FOTD post, I won't go into detail about some makeup items I used because I've mentioned some in my previous FOTD post or maybe even some of my previous posts.  As you can see, my eyes just seem to be a little more defined than if I didn't put anything but mascara.  It does not look like too much on the photo, but it's more obvious in person.  For the eyes I used:

1.  Etude House Play 101 Pencil in No. 1 (Black, no glitters).  To create a base for the eye shadow, I smudged a bit of this pencil to get that worn in pencil eyeliner look.  This product dries fast, so make sure to blend it right away if you're going for that look as well.

2.  Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow Quad.  I actually don't know the name of the color, it just says that the color came from the Totally Neutral Trio.  Anyway, I used the darkest shade to cover most of the lid, then just blended the edges with a clean brush.  I went back with the pencil to line the top and bottom lash line.  I blended the bottom lash line and topped it off with eye shadow as well.

3.  Maybelline The Rocket Mascara.  This is what I used to finish the eye makeup.



Before the eye makeup, I used something new in my collection...

4.  Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Loose Powder Foundation in French Vanilla Latte.   I'll have a post about this soon. :)  Basically, this went on top of my regular concealer.

For the brows, it was MAC's brow set in Beguile.  For blush and lip color...

5.  In2It Sheer Shimmer Blush in Plum Pearl.  The blush gives me a golden sheen, but not as strong as a highlighter would give me.  I think it went well also with the lip color I went for.  I know the no. "5" is missing in the photo.  But I really want to get this post up.

6.  Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp.  Most of the time, my look revolves around my lip color of choice.  This lip cream has been with me for a while now and I haven't finished it, so I whipped it out in the hopes of consuming enough of it (read: justification to buy another shade of lip cream, aaahhh).

So, this is how I turned out to look.  Lol.


I hope this helped. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: