On Goals and the New Year

1:30 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Somehow, the beginning of this year came with much pressure to evaluate the previous year (2015) and set up life-changing goals.  Though I'm all for that, I wanted to see how I'd actually fair for the first month of 2016.



My sister encouraged me to do a "Life Audit". We based it from her friend's post, which was actually pretty inspiring. At the same time, we also listed or highlighted goals for 2016. The Life Audit is a mix of long-term and short-term goals and actually figuring out what you want in life.  I took a while with this.

At the same time, we got the Passion Planner when we visited the States. It was curated in a way that would make it easier to plot down tasks based on your "passion projects" or goals. My sister got me into this as well. But before getting this, I've already collected enough stickers for the Coffee Bean planner. I must say, they have a great website. I was satisfied with my 2015 Coffee Bean planner, so I pursued this year's one. Yes, I didn't collect for the Starbucks Moleskin planner. I think I would have gotten a better deal if I bought a Moleskin without the Starbucks branding, so I went with the Coffee Bean one instead.

So, I'm basically very much planned up. It won't matter though unless I actually do enough for me to at least have some progress with my goals. That though is the harder part. For me, January meant the start of another semester as well. I feel like it's only now that I'm getting settled in, now that the month's about to tend. And honestly, sometimes I just feel like keeping it simple with my goals.

How did I do for January? Well, honestly, I could have done better. Although, I think I'm off to a good start. 2015 was definitely something. It was hard. And I could see 2016 being the same way or even harder. But I welcome you, 2016, with arms wide open. It's my 25th year too, so I really want to do something great, come back to this post and be happy that I've actually reached a goal or completed a project, even if it's not the biggest one.

I wish the same for you. Let's do this.

"Either I will find a way, or I will make one" - Philip Sidney

You Might Also Like

0 comments: